Friday, January 13, 2012

twelve

today was all over the place, I am a bit tired.  The project is so much work, and I have only begun to do the formal research.

A quote I heard once went something like this.

You have not even begun to make progress until you get to the point that you are fatigued.
(it is not exact, but it was from a trainer of Lance Armstrong)

If we know that our surrounding environment shapes who we are why should we not surround ourselves with only things that inspire us, that we love, and long to be?

My new task is figuring out how to portray the unconscious side of my learning, or deciding if I really want to.  In a metaphoric way I was thinking that the space inside the box could be considered the unconscious, because I do not know what is in there, it is unknowable, as is the unconscious.  The analytic mind conceals the unconscious, and yet we know that things are not only what they seem.

To break down this barrier in the pieces I was thinking about how I can reveal the inside of form aesthetically.                                  

Also I recently obtained a 3-d rendering program for my computer.  I had so much fun and became so frustrated trying to create this rendition of the forms I am using (tutorials here I come).

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am pretty happy most days, and do not mind too much when I am sad, which makes me happy.

Followers