Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 6

I ran into the problem today of acting on impulses that gave rise to me being a person that I am not particularly proud of.  I will not get into the particulars, but it made me think about opposites, and the way in which we have such different poles within us.  The possibility of love and hate sum it up pretty well in this case.

I came to a conclusion that goes back to what I have been thinking about in terms of acceptance.  The idea is based on understanding  that we have a mixture of potentials within.  Understanding that they exist is easy, but accepting them is not.  We are bombarded through cultural ideas with how we should act, and think.  How do we go about trying to abolish one personality trait when we understand that it is necessary for the existence of its opposite?  How can I be upset when I hate, when I am so proud of myself when I love?  Is it possible that I could only love?  

I like this question because I think it plays on society at large very easily.  As a society we are trying to abolish one end of the spectrum, and yet when we examine the universe we see that both poles are necessary for life to exist.


I was also looking at the work of Jun Kaneko today and so with the above in mind and his work I am going to do some black and white stripes on today's forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am pretty happy most days, and do not mind too much when I am sad, which makes me happy.

Followers