Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Ten

Mediocrity,

My thoughts today followed the ideas of enjoyment.  More specifically how to enjoy life. When I look around at all the things we have, all the opportunities, and yet people are still sad.  We let stress overtake us, and forget to see life as a joke, as miraculous, as outlandishly, absurdly, funny. 

  I wonder how we lose ourselves so wholly that we take life so seriously.  I witnessed a man in the market who was really sad, he forgot to see the cashier, he forgot to thank her, he forgot to smile, he forgot to look, see, hear, and he forgot how to laugh.  I then realized that we are not happy if we have the right clothes, or car, or other material goods.  We are not happy with the right job, or spouse, or kids.  We are happy with ourselves.  I am happy with myself.  Not because of anything I can do, but for the fact that I get to do it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am pretty happy most days, and do not mind too much when I am sad, which makes me happy.

Followers