Monday, January 23, 2012

Day Twenty 2

The sun was shining today.  Amazing how life is so different with a little winter time sunshine.

Have you ever forgotten to appreciate the place you live?  I realized during the outdoor, sun catching, adventure I took today that I have.  I realized that I have forgotten to appreciate the beauty of Morgantown, and the surrounding mountains.  I found myself on a great lookout, which enabled me to grasp just how much I was missing, and just how grand this place I am living in is.

Did you ever talk to a foreigner about where they are from with rapt attention, because you are so amazed that they could be from a place so different?   I am going to work hard on adopting the mindset that for someone this place that I live would be that foreign place, and I am going to try to appreciate it for its uniqueness, even if I sometimes feel that it is just my normal place.

I was thinking about maps of the area for the decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am pretty happy most days, and do not mind too much when I am sad, which makes me happy.

Followers