Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 17

Tonight I had a nice conversation with a few friends about a phenomenon I had heard about.  The story went that neurologists compared the brains of wild and zoo kept gorillas, and found that the wild gorillas (those still living in their natural habitats) had sufficiently higher amounts of neurological connectors in the brain.  In short these animals were smarter.  the difference is due to the amount of stimuli that wild gorillas face.

This led us to discuss the idea of putting oneself in situations that challenge or vary in comparison to ones own "norm" in order to enable the brain to stay flexible, and sharp.  This led me to think about how difference seems to be based highly on perception.  When and if my mind is in the right place nothing ever looks the same, and each perception seems wholly new and unique no matter my environment.

How will I depict this symbolically?  Maybe I can find some new way of going about it to spark fresh connectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am pretty happy most days, and do not mind too much when I am sad, which makes me happy.

Followers