Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day Four

On my way to school today I saw a grown man bend, make a snowball and playfully throw it at his friend. This started me thinking about play in our lives.  Why I wonder is it acceptable to call what children do as they run around play, and what most adults do everyday serious business.  I feel like if we looked at our actions a little looser we would see just how much we play....even though we play so seriously.

Play: engage in activity for enjoyment and recreation rather than a serious or practical purpose: 

Even though we take our actions very seriously if we look at them more closely it becomes apparent that their importance is a figment of the imagination.

Todays design borrows from children's blocks that have numbers and letters on them.  I chose this design because within those blocks resides the opportunity for both play and the ever serious learning.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am pretty happy most days, and do not mind too much when I am sad, which makes me happy.

Followers