Friday, March 2, 2012

Today's the Day

The purpose of my life today was to not get any work done in the studio.  I was so successful.

I received some feedback on my proposal for all the people I know to write a statement about what they think the meaning of life is, and it was not completely favorable.  Some people thought the idea sounded a little clique and old hat. 

My reasoning behind the assignment for my students (and myself) is to get them out of their normal mindsets, and to have them think a little about the choices they are making and where those choice possibly come from.  I would argue that we make many decisions in our daily lives based on our ideas about the purpose of life whether conscious of it or not.  At least I see this to be true in my own life

I am going to have to think long and hard about this idea of meaning/purpose.  

My initial thought is that the world is actually purposeless, and that we as individuals have the opportunity to create that purpose...hooray.  

Tomorrow I will go into more detail, but I fear that this post has reached its maximum length for utter enjoyment, and does not want to move into the realm of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am pretty happy most days, and do not mind too much when I am sad, which makes me happy.

Followers