Saturday, February 18, 2012

the purge

I know this blog is supposed to archive my art work, but I just cannot help using it as a place to share my other triumphs and losses.  It just feels so good.

Recently I have fallen (I will not say in love) in like.  As it goes this woman does not share my interest, and so of course I with all the feelings of melancholy, and sadness (which I do enjoy at times, but at others imagine that I could do without emotion all together).  Since my heart cannot be filled the analytic mind begs to be, and so I had this realization:

In all the mornings I have never once asked my blood to circulate, nor the heart to beat.  The mind seems to whirl on its own account.  May I ask then how I can expect to control love?  Love pulls us up at the most unexpected times, it will not be called, and will not go when asked.  Love is a clamorous robber, a silent saint who takes and gives as the breeze, as the heart beats - unbidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am pretty happy most days, and do not mind too much when I am sad, which makes me happy.

Followers