Friday, February 17, 2012

Day now

A trip to Wash. DC today to get my art batteries all charged up.  I found some new heroes, and revisited some old ones.  I am convinced that well made objects can change the world.  I found myself taking some of the lessons that I learned from the work out into the world.  My life better for it.

Poem Time:

Tonight I long for a thunderstorm.  Me on a back porch, the rain patiently falling.  Lightning showing off the clouds, all whites, oranges, and purples, but just a peek at a time, its luminescence scattered across the sky.  Far off thunder speaks of power, and mystery, a low rumbling that joins me to the earth.  the warm summer air brings with it moisture, its temperature just warm enough to be felt on the skin.  I in a chair, maybe family, maybe friend, or alone, it is the quiet and calm that I long for, the magical enchantment of the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am pretty happy most days, and do not mind too much when I am sad, which makes me happy.

Followers