Thursday, February 16, 2012

Forever ever

Yesterday, and today two of my studio mates helped me decorate a few forms by showing me the techniques that they often use for their own work.  The experience was really fun.  Seeing them in a new light, and having time to talk with and question them was insightful and gave me a new way to know them.  Sarah is interested in the process of drawing lines and state of mind that comes about through repetition and performance.  Mandy's process is more physical and involves a looser way of using color and line, while giving over some control to the possibilities of the material.

The time comes to reach way down deep - to look inside, to find the me I am looking for, and then I hear the rain, and remember it is not all about me, its all about we.  I wonder how much my letting go enables you to do the same - the rain too.
                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am pretty happy most days, and do not mind too much when I am sad, which makes me happy.

Followers